Bonita Springs announces phased-in reopening of park facilities
Due to continued voluntary compliance and the community’s greater awareness for Centers for Disease Control guidelines, the city is announcing the reopening of the community pool, recreation center fitness room, playgrounds, basketball courts and Marni Soccer fields, beginning Friday, May 22.
Park staff have placed additional signage advising of CDC guidelines at all sites. Park staff will continue to clean frequently at all sites and educate the public on social distancing and CDC guidelines.
A soft opening of the following park facilities will begin on Friday, May 22:
Bonita Springs Community Pool
- Bonita Springs Community Pool will reopen for lap swim only. This will provide a physical barrier to provide spacing for social distancing while in the water. Eight lap lanes will be available by reservation for 45 minutes per lane to allow for sanitizing between sessions. Lane reservations will be at staggered times, 5 minutes apart, to allow for individual entry to ensure social distancing. Reservations must be made in advance by calling 239-947-1948. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
- Pool hours of operation will be Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., for lap swim and fitness only. Indoor showers will not be available at this time. Outside showers will be available as well as restroom facilities. The last patron will exit the facility at 5:35 p.m., which will allow staff to complete final cleaning and disinfecting.
- Pool chairs will be restricted to eight chairs spaced at least 6ft apart and will be sanitized after every use. Signs will be attached to each chair to indicate clean or dirty, so patrons are aware of the clean chairs for use. Patrons may bring their own exercise equipment for personal use during their reservation time slot.
- No organized classes will be offered at this time.
- Pool membership and daily fees apply.
Community Park playground, Mayhood Park playground and Depot Park playground along with Depot Park restroom facilities will reopen from 8 am to dusk.
Outdoor Basketball/Futsal Pavilion
- The outdoor basketball/futsal pavilion will be reopen for open play. Open play activities are restricted to groups of 10 people or less in order to comply with social distancing guidelines.
- No league play, no organized play and no games are permitted at this time.
- No bleachers are permitted for use.
Bonita Springs Recreation Center Fitness Room
- Bonita Springs Recreation Center will reopen the Fitness Room only. The Fitness Room will be available for nine people at a time, starting each hour. Sessions will be for 45 minutes to allow for sanitizing between sessions. Reservations will begin on each hour from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday and Friday; 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday; and from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturdays. Reservations must be made in advance by calling 239-992-2556. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
- Locker Room facilities will not be available at this time.
- No organized classes nor personal training will be offered at this time.
- Recreation Center Membership and daily fees apply.
Marni Soccer fields
- Marni Soccer fields will be reopen for open play Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Open play activities are restricted to groups of 10 people or less in order to comply with social distancing guidelines.
- No League play, no organized play and no games are permitted at this time. All goals will remain off the fields.
Bonita Springs Recreation Center will open for Summer Camp on June 8. Please contact the Bonita Springs YMCA at 239-221-7560 to register your child for the Bonita Springs Recreation Center site summer camp program.
City leaders continue to monitor data and work with partners Lee Health and the Florida Department of Health as it relates to the county’s phased-in approach to reopening more sites and resuming in-person services.
Recommended guidelines for parks include:
- All individuals, when in public, should maximize physical distance from others, maintaining a minimum of 6 feet.
- Social settings of 10 people or more should be avoided, where appropriate distancing may not be practical.
- Vulnerable individuals should continue to stay home.
- Practice proper hand washing techniques, especially after touching frequently used surfaces.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Sneeze or cough into a tissue or the inside of your elbow.
- Stay calm, stay kind, and stay safe.