Great Wolf Lodge celebrate stopping off ceremony
Great Wolf Lodge South Florida reached a key milestone as Suffolk placed the final external building block Aug. 2, signifying the completion of vertical construction of the family-focused indoor water park resort. Now, Suffolk, along with Neuman Pools and ID3, will focus on completing the interior of the resort, including the 90,000-square-foot indoor water park, 60,000-square-foot Great Wolf Adventure Park, and 500 family-friendly guest suites along with a number of eateries and retail outlets.
With this milestone reached, Great Wolf Lodge is able to better forecast a timetable for opening the family-friendly resort. The company announced today it would begin accepting reservations for stays beginning on October 1, 2024, with hope it will be able to move the date earlier as additional construction milestones are achieved this fall and winter.
Families eager to get their stay secured at Great Wolf Lodge South Florida can begin booking future reservations today with a special limited time offer when using promotional code RAISETHEROOF. The RAISETHEROOF promotional code unlocks up to a 30% discount on room rates. One-night reservations will unlock a 25% discount, and reservations of two nights or more will have a 30% discount. Guests must book this special offer before Oct. 1, 2023, for stays at the resort between Oct. 1, 2024, and Jan. 1, 2025.
“Today marks a significant milestone in the construction of Great Wolf Lodge South Florida, as we start focusing on the interior portions of the resort and all the amazing family experiences we will offer,” said John Murphy, Chief Executive Officer for Great Wolf Resorts. “We’re looking forward to opening this resort and offering families across South Florida with a close, convenient and carefree getaway destination, providing year-round family fun with experiences, attractions and entertainment designed to help families strengthen their pack.”
“Suffolk is honored to partner with Great Wolf Lodge in bringing an incredible new destination resort to our Southwest Florida community,” said Ben Wilson, Chief Operating Officer for Suffolk. “Topping off this resort is a milestone that symbolizes the hard work by the skilled men and women involved in the construction phase. We are excited about the positive impact this resort will have on the community and grateful for the partnership, and we look forward to a safe and smooth construction completion and delivery of the Great Wolf Lodge South Florida!”
As a testament to the progress to date, the team at Suffolk has installed 1,200 tons of steel and amassed a total of approximately 200,000 man hours on this monumental project. The water park’s construction called for the installation of tilt panels, the tallest of which measures over 75 feet. Suffolk and its valued partners successfully installed this 234,000-pound panel, allowing construction to progress as the team works diligently to prepare the resort for opening.
The 500-room Great Wolf Lodge South Florida resort is being constructed on a 20-acre site on the eastern edge of Collier County, and represents an investment of more than $250 million by Great Wolf Lodge’s shareholders, Blackstone and Centerbridge Partners. The resort is expected to hire more than 600 full- and part-time Pack Members by the time it opens.
Great Wolf Lodge South Florida will be a year-round family destination filled with attractions and amenities for all ages. Some of the highlights include:
● An expansive 90,000-square-foot indoor water park, heated to a comfortable 84 degrees, featuring a variety of body slides, tube slides, raft rides, activity pools and splash areas for every member of the family – from toddlers and teens to parents and grandparents.
● A 60,000-square-foot family entertainment center known as the Great Wolf Adventure Park will offer a variety of family-friendly attractions, including MagiQuest – Great Wolf Lodge’s exclusive live-action adventure game where players use interactive magic wands to battle goblins and dragons.
● A collection of complimentary family events and activities including Yoga Tails, a morning exercise program that combines tales from the creatures found in the Spirit Water Forest with yoga poses, and evening events such as Great Wolf Lodge’s signature Hustle & Howl dance party and Story Time event.
● Several dining options that will appeal to a variety of culinary styles ranging from pizza and burgers to upscale dining and premium ice cream treats at Wood’s End Creamery.
● Family-friendly suites in a variety of categories and styles including Great Wolf-themed suites with separate sleeping quarters for kids designed as either a log cabin or wolf den and outfitted with bunk beds and Great Wolf character theming. The resort will also feature suites with multiple bedrooms for large families or multi-generational groups.
Great Wolf Lodge South Florida will offer an exceptional value for families with admission to the water park and much of the family entertainment activities in the Grand Lobby included as part of the guest’s stay.
Meeting and event planners can also look to Great Wolf Lodge South Florida for their meeting and event needs. The property will boast nearly 8,000 square feet of flexible conference space with breakout rooms, built-in A/V technology, customizable catering options, and a team of dedicated industry professionals to tend to every meeting need.
For more information on Great Wolf Resorts and its brands of indoor water park resorts, visit www.greatwolf.com.