Kindergarten pre-registration open until Nov. 30
The School District of Lee County has introduced an entirely online kindergarten pre-registration service. Parents no longer need to come in person or email Student Enrollment, they simply need to use their FOCUS Parent Portal or create a parent portal if they are registering their first child.
Instructions to pre-register incoming kindergarten students are available on the District’s website athttps://www.leeschools.net/our_district/departments/academic_services/student_enrollment/kindergarten_pre-registration Pre-registration is for students who will start kindergarten in August 2023. Parents have until November 30, 2022 to take advantage of this opportunity.
Signing up early has three major benefits. Parents avoid the lengthy wait times often experienced when visiting the Student Enrollment Office, parents have the opportunity to enroll younger siblings in the same district elementary school as an older sibling and they can link a younger sibling to an older sibling in their Focus Parent Portal. A FOCUS account gives parents access to current classroom grades, assignments, attendance, progress monitoring and report cards.
The documents required to pre-register include:
- Copy of Parent photo ID
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Health Examination (physical) – The exam must be dated within 12 months prior to registration. Physical is required for Kindergarten registration.
- DH680-Florida Certificate of Immunization – Form can be obtained free by taking immunization record to the Lee County Health Department, 3920 Michigan Ave., Ft. Myers, FL. Appointment is required please call 239-461-6100.
- Social Security Card (optional)
- Custody Documents (if applicable)
- Proof of Address
Once parents have all the necessary documents they can log into their FOCUS Parent Portal or create one to register and enter the required information for pre-Registration. After submittal a confirmation email will be provided to the parent with additional information.
Pre-registration questions can be emailed to email@example.com