Lee County Library System opens more branches
The Lee County Library System will reopen five branches and the Talking Books Library lobby today, Tuesday, Oct. 6.
Opening will be:
· Captiva Memorial Library, 11560 Chapin Lane, Captiva
· Dunbar-Jupiter Hammon Public Library, 3095 Blount St., Fort Myers
· Johann Fust Community Library, 1040 West 10th St., Boca Grande
· Pine Island Public Library, 10701 Russell Road, Bokeelia
· Riverdale Branch Library, 2421 Buckingham Road, Fort Myers
The hours at these five locations will be Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Curbside pickup will continue at all library locations and be expanded to Tuesday through Saturday at the newly opened locations.
Branches currently open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Wednesday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday through Saturday include:
· Bonita Springs Public Library, 10560 Reynolds St., Bonita Springs
· Cape Coral Lee County Library, 921 SW 39th Terrace, Cape Coral,
· East County Regional Library, 881 Gunnery Road N., Lehigh Acres
· Fort Myers Regional Library, 2450 First St., Fort Myers
· North Fort Myers Public Library, 2001 N. Tamiami Trail, N. Fort Myers
· Northwest Regional Library, 519 Chiquita Blvd. N., Cape Coral
· South County Regional Library, 21100 Three Oaks Parkway, Estero
Note that Lakes Regional Library, 15290 Bass Road, Fort Myers, will reopen with the above hours on Tuesday, Oct. 13. It’s temporarily closed while the county does interior upgrades in the building.
Signage is posted for following Centers for Disease Control guidelines and social distancing. Plexiglas shields are installed at all public service desks, and hand sanitizer and wipes will be provided to the public. A limited supply of facial coverings, supplied by LeeCARES, are available to the public. The county has removed some furniture to encourage patrons to keep visits brief so that more patrons can enjoy the libraries.
Play items in the youth areas have been removed, as has gaming equipment in the teen areas. Study rooms and meeting rooms are not open at this time. Patrons are encouraged to sign up for the virtual Fandom Fest.
To find out more about the Lee County Library System’s month-long virtual Fandom Fest, visit https://www.leegov.com/library/fandom-fest. Additional questions from library patrons can be directed to 239-479-4636, text 239-204-5321, chat at leelibrary.net or email email@example.com. These services are available 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
County leaders continue to monitor data and work with the Florida Department of Health related to the county’s phased-in approach to re-opening amenities. For additional Lee County updates, visit www.leegov.com/covid-19.