Lee County to reopen beaches and parks April 29
- Playgrounds, pavilions, recreation centers, soccer/lacrosse/football fields, basketball courts, piers, splash pads and pools remain closed.
Some baseball and softball fields will re-open with caveats.
- Groups of less than 10 who wish to practice must call and schedule with the supervisor of the following parks: Alva Park, Brooks Park, Buckingham Park, CenturyLink Sports Complex (Softball Fields Only), Estero Park , Judd Park, Kurt Donaldson Park, Lehigh Acres Park, North Fort Myers Park, Phillips Park, Rutenberg Park, Three Oaks Park, Veterans Park.
- League play, dugouts and bleachers will remain closed.
Tennis and pickleball courts will re-open with caveats.
- Hash marks will be drawn on high use areas to help guide the public if there is a waiting line.
Dog parks will re-open with caveats.
- No seating will be provided. The public will need to bring their own chairs and follow the designated social distancing spacing. Chairs must be taken home when they leave.
Parking fees at parks, preserves, beaches and boat ramps will go back into effect.
- Staff is assigned at these parks to clean the machines between uses.
Visit www.leegov.com/covid-19/open for more details.