More schools and bus stops added as Grab & Go distribution sites
In order to meet the continued demand for Grab & Go meals, the School District of Lee County is once again expanding distribution sites. Three more schools and two new bus stops will begin providing a nutritious breakfast and lunch to anyone 18 years old or younger on Monday, April 27.
The three new schools are: Trafalgar Elementary School and Caloosa Middle School in the West Zone, and Three Oaks Elementary School in the South Zone. The additional bus stops are on Route #9 and highlighted in red:
Bus Route #9
- 9:00 a.m. – 2033 Laurel Ln – Suncoast Baptist Church
- 9:30 a.m. – Gish Ln & Heck Dr
- 9:55 a.m. – Tucker Ln & Grady Dr
- 10:15 a.m. – Tucker Ln & Ebson Dr
- 10:45 a.m. – Island Vista at Eland Dr (Covered Shelter)
- 11:50 a.m. – River Rd & Cypress St
- 12:15 p.m. – Lavin Ln & Willis Rd
Grab & Go meal distribution is available on the bus ramp of participating schools from 9:00am until 12:30pm. The service will be available until the regular school year ends on June 3rd.
More than 12,000 students are using the Grab & Go service daily, picking up more than 24,000 meals. Since the program started March 23rd, 486,392 meals have been served.
The complete list of Grab & Go distribution sites is available at https://www.leeschools.net/parent_portal/covid-19/meal_pick_up_sites